I find that juicing for health is one of the best things that you can do, and reaching for a nice glass of healthy carrot, apple, orange, or cactus juice can be a great way to boost your body’s natural working in every way. There are so many benefits of juicing. You can try juicing for weight loss, for a better immune system, for better digestion, and more. If you are serious about being healthy, trying a juicing diet is probably one of the best things that you can do. And if you are not interested in a diet, making one or two glasses of juice now and then will certainly improve your health, and I am sure that after having done that for some time, you will want more of it! If you want to know about a few of the benefits of juicing, read on to find out everything you need to know about juicing for health….
Juicing for Health: Benefits of Juicing
There are many, many benefits of juicing and trying a juicing diet if you are serious about being healthy. Here are just a few:
- Juicing provides variety – If there is one thing that most people get sick of on a limited diet, it is eating the same thing day in and day out. With a juicing diet, you can try hundreds of combinations of all your favorite fruits and vegetables to find the 10 or 20 recipes that you like best. You will never run out of ideas for all kinds of awesome juices, making it easy for you to get as much juice as you can handle.
- Juicing provides enzymes – All fruits and vegetables have special enzymes in them, but many of these enzymes are killed off when you cook the vegetables. Rather than allowing these amazing nutrients to go to waste, why not make yourself a cup of juice and get all the benefits they can provide?
- Juicing provides nutrients – When you eat a steak, you are getting protein. When you eat a bowl of pasta, you are getting starch. When you eat a salad, you are getting fiber. Why not mix them all together in a huge cup of juice? You can get protein from, say, cactus juice, starch and fiber from pretty much every vegetable, plenty of vitamins from the fruit you use, minerals and enzymes from vegetables, and even antioxidants that will help you fight cancer and stay healthy.
- Juicing provides fiber – If there is one thing that you need for good overall health, that one thing would be fiber. Fiber helps to keep your digestive system working well, and it ensures that you get just the right amount of nutrients. When it comes to getting fiber, there is no better source than fruits and vegetables, and adding some whole chunks of produce to your juice will be a great way to get plenty of fiber.
- Juicing provides extra nutrients – When you eat a piece of fruit, nine times out of ten you end up throwing away the peel. Most cartons of juice you buy also contain none of the peel, but the truth is that the peel contains a lot of nutrients that you don’t want to miss out on. When you juice your fruits and veggies whole, you end up getting the extra nutrients from the peel as well as from the veggie itself. It might not look like that, when you see the pulp that remains, but acutally a lot of fibers are also in the juice.
- Juicing provides easy digestion – Fruits and vegetables are great for your digestion, as they are easier for your body to process than many other foods. However, even fruits and veggies can be hard on your stomach, but not when they are made into juice form. Juice is very easy for your stomach to process, so you will find that drinking a lot of juice is the secret to having a happy tummy.
- Juice provides a great snack – If you are hungry for a snack, most nutritionists will advise that you drink a cup of water to fill you up. However, rather than drinking a glass of water, why not consider making a cup of fresh juice instead? Not only will it make you more full than a glass of water would thanks to all the fiber in the juice, but it will give you a few more nutrients to make you healthier.
- Juicing provides antioxidants – Antioxidants are nutrients that will slow down the rate at which the cells in your body die, and everyone knows that this is a good thing. Antioxidants are mainly found in fruits, though you can also get them from some nuts, seeds, and veggies as well. By juicing, you can get all the antioxidants your body needs to stay healthy.
- Juicing provides energy – Energy is something that we all need to make it through the day, but did you know that you can get tons of natural energy by drinking juice? The reason for this is that fruits and veggies contain natural sugars that your body turns into energy that is easy to burn quickly. Rather than getting lots of fat that your body can’t handle, the natural sugar in the fruit is great for quick energy boosts.
- Juicing provides a metabolism boost – Did you know that boosting your metabolism is an important part of weight loss? The truth is that your metabolism processes all the food you eat, so a faster metabolism means a faster processing of the food. If you want to speed up your metabolism, you will find that drinking lots of fruit and vegetable juice is one of the best things that you can do.
- Juicing provides detoxification – When you eat a lot of artificial food, take a lot of medication, or be hang around in places that are polluted or dirty, your body becomes filled with toxins that can cause all kinds of problems. In order to ensure that you remain healthy, you will find that the daily glass of carrot, orange, spinach, or cactus juice will be just what you need to get rid of all those pesky toxins and leave your body in excellent condition.
These are really just a few of the many benefits that you can obtain by following a juicing diet, and you will find that there are many more reasons why juicing for weight loss and for health is such a great thing! I started juicing about a year ago, and I love it more for every day that passes.
You can find lots of juicing recipes on the internet, and if that is not enough, by some books to get inspiration. But actually one of the great things about juicing is that you can try juicing almost anything. Sometimes it tastes funny, but it is always healthy, and you learn your favourites by trying.
You can get a lot of inspiration on this website, where you can follow a blog which is kind of a diary with different juice recipes. You can go to the website here.